Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Rebecca Ferguson Says Her New Album Isn’t About Zayn Malik

Rebecca Ferguson is set to release her new album in December and she’s revealed that no songs on the collection will be about Zayn!

Zayn and Rebecca briefly dated after coming off The X Factor and it hasn’t always seemed like they had the happiest of break-ups. Several negative tweets have been sent and later deleted.

Rebecca’s new single ‘I Hope’ contains the lyrics: ‘I hope life treats you well, I hope she treats you well’ and we’re not gonna lie, we did think this was about Zayn when we first heard it!

Lots of directioners also thought the same thing and they tweeted Rebecca telling her that she needs to move on.

It seems it wasn’t about our very own ‘Bradford Bad Boi’ after all though.

The 27 year-old songstress from Liverpool told the Daily Record: “Zayn doesn’t feature on the album at all. I do wish Zayn and his new partner well. He’s not someone who is on my mind.

There we go then, I guess that settles any confusion about the track.

In the interview, Rebecca also described her time with Zayn as a post X Factor romance which was brief but such a big thing in the press. She explained that she has nice memories but not to the point that she’d write an album about them.

Rebecca’s new single ‘I Hope’ will be released later this month on the 24th November.

One Direction’s new single ‘Story of My Life’ is, of course, out now and the video for the track will be released later today.

Did you think Rebecca’s new single is about Zayn?