Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Amelia Lily Covers Katy Perry’s ‘Dark Horse’ In New Youtube Cover Video

While we wait for her debut album, Amelia Lily has treated us all to an incredible cover of Katy Perry's latest single!

The 19 year old 'You Bring Me Joy' singer-songwriter uploaded an acoustic cover of 'Dark Horse' onto Youtube last night and we've got to say; we think it might be even better than the original!

It looks like it could be the first in a series of cover videos too so we can't wait to see what she puts her spin on next. We'd love to see her record more Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson songs like she did on The X Factor.

Amelia's debut album 'Be A Fighter' was originally set for release last year but after various delays, she decided to go back into the studio and work on completely new material for the record.

Speaking to Digital Spy, she explained: "I didn’t want to release something that I wasn’t 100% happy with. I’ve gone back in the studio now, working on new songs. I feel a lot older now.”

"I feel like I’ve learned a lot from being in the industry for the past two years and I’ve gone back in and I know exactly what kind of direction of music I want to do. It’ll be worth the wait, I promise you."

Taking inspiration from her idols P!nk and Paramore, Amelia has also hinted that the new direction will be more pop/rock than her previous singles. Rock and roll Amelia Lily? We like that the sound of that!

She recently uploaded a video or her recording in the studio onto her official Instagram page here so hopefully we'll finally hear her debut album later this year. We're sure it'll be worth the wait!

What covers would you like to see Amelia perform next?